Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Moira, UK
Oversee staff, operations, equipment and support for data and voice network communications systems, including PCs, Macs, and integrated IP phones. Administer training to company personnel for all approved software and network operations. Assist with establishing company policies for hardware and software purchases and usage. Maintain the technical support process for end users. A degree in Computer Science or Networking is required. The qualified candidate will have experience with Cisco and Dell hardware as well as extensive knowledge of VMware, Microsoft Office, and VPN software. At least 5 years networking experience required. Previous network management experience and good working knowledge of VOIP systems desired. Equal opportunity employer.
Repair R/C models and engines, test hobby products, and assist with related questions. Ability to work with hand tools and small parts required. R/C modeling, light mechanical, or experience in small engine repair desired. Full-time, days. Equal opportunity employer.
Design hobby products and related accessories using 3D CAD software. The primary focus will be with R/C boat design, building, and testing, but design versatility with other R/C and general hobby product categories is required. Equal opportunity employer.
As Research and Development Product Designer you will...
- Design, test, and develop a wide variety of products ranging from toys, R/C hobby products, and simple to complex mechanical devices.
- Assist the R&D Manager in all phases of research and development related to the design, testing, and tooling to produce product.
- Perform quality control testing on R/C and other products as requested by the R&D Manager.
- Write instruction manuals for new products.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of consumer product design experience.
- Previous 3D design software experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of hobby-level products.
- An understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Associates degree in mechanical design or related field.
- Expertise with R/C boat design and setup.
- Experience operating CNC machining equipment.
Product Support Technician
Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time and part-time positions available. Hobbico is an equal opportunity employer.
International Sales Representative
Our wholesale sales division has an exciting opportunity for an International Sales Representative. Serving as a key contact for a growing number of international customers, this role is responsible for initiating sales contact with current accounts, developing new business worldwide, and meeting established sales goals. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and have at least one year of previous sales or customer service experience. The ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable. This is an inside sales position with minimal travel required. Equal opportunity employer.
Customer Service Representative
Use your problem solving skills and your background in customer service to assist with processing retail orders. Contact customers to verify billing and shipment information. Process UPS claims for missing/damaged orders and missing payments. Previous customer service or phone sales experience preferred. Part-time and full-time positions available. Equal opportunity employer.
Seeking qualified individuals to join our wholesale sales team! Take inbound orders from customers and field basic customer service questions. Make outbound calls to established customer accounts and present daily specials. No cold calling. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer skills desired. Full-time set schedule, Monday-Friday; no nights or weekends. Equal opportunity employer.
Retail Sales Representatives
Answer inbound calls from customers and assist them with placing orders in a call center environment. Excellent phone, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer experience desirable. Incentive pay offered. A variety of full-time and part-time schedules available, including day, evening, and weekend hours. Equal opportunity employer.
Senior Sales Representative
Seeking a highly motivated individual who will flourish in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment. Identify and close sales opportunities with targeted customer accounts. Build relationships and develop customer loyalty to increase sales and help retailers grow their business. 2-3 years experience with sales or marketing required. A degree in Business or related field preferred. Must have experience with MS Office and possess outstanding communication and organizational skills. Full-time, days, Monday-Friday. Equal opportunity employer.
Food Service Lead
Oversee daily cafeteria operations including menu planning, food preparation, serving, and ordering food supplies. Full-time, days. Equal opportunity employer.
- Oversee and assist in preparation of food items for the day and dating products.
- Maintain daily temperature logs.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Oversee and assist in maintaining a clean work area.
- Ensure that all work areas and serving utensils are clean and sanitized.
- Responsible for proper disposal of waste from the service line.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Oversee and direct the employees working on the line to ensure timely and effective service to customers.
- Great customer service and communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Illinois or Serve Safe Certification (provided by Hobbico if applicant currently doesn't have one).
- Previous food service experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- High school education or equivalent.
Our warehouse team is seeking forklift drivers to help accurately stock product. Main responsibilities include restocking shelves in a timely manner, filling out-of-stock orders, recording all stock movements, and consolidating merchandise to ensure maximum space utilization. The successful candidate will be organized, accurate, and attentive to detail. Previous forklift experience is preferred, but not required. Full-time positions are available on 1st and 3rd shift. Equal opportunity employer.
Inventory Control Clerk
Assist with inventory in our warehouse by conducting cycle counts, maintaining accurate records, and performing inventory audits. Must have good math skills and the ability to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous inventory or warehouse experience required. Full-time, 3rd shift. Equal opportunity employer.
Our Warehouse Associates are directly involved with all aspects of the order fulfillment process to help maintain Hobbico's commitment to excellence. Primary responsibilities include picking or packing customer orders, ensuring accuracy, meeting quality and production standards, and adhering to safety compliance.
We're looking to grow our warehouse team with people who possess a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented, and have the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, thriving environment. Previous warehouse or manufacturing experience is helpful, but not required. Full-time and part-time positions are immediately available on 1st and 2nd shift. Equal opportunity employer.
Join our warehouse receiving team as a Receiving Clerk. Responsibilities include receiving and unloading incoming shipments, verifying and recording incoming merchandise, and stock labeling product for proper distribution. This position will also communicate with other departments in the company to obtain special paperwork or to help troubleshoot orders when necessary. Previous warehouse or receiving experience is desired. Full-time position is available on 1st shift, Monday thru Friday. Equal opportunity employer.
Seeking a Receiving Supervisor for our warehouse which is a key position on our warehouse team. This hands-on position coordinates daily receiving activities and provides work direction to associates receiving merchandise. Equal opportunity employer.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure all receiving functions that affect inventory are processed accurately through an established verification process.
- Manage the product flow from receiving to the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors (RTVs), chargebacks, transfers, and damages based on established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/receiving environment.
- Organized and goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead a team, work well independently, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel.
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and related equipment.
- The ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Return to Stock Clerk
Work in the warehouse re-stocking items and returning product to the proper location. Pick special product orders as directed. Sort and meter mail and assist with other duties as needed. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse or stocking experience desirable. Good organizational skills a plus. Full-time, days. Hobbico is an equal opportunity employer.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Full-time and part-time positions available, 2nd shift and weekend hours. Equal opportunity employer.
Vice President of Marketing & Advertising
Responsible for leading, developing, and implementing strategic and tactical programs for market development activities across Hobbico’s Proprietary Products group. This position will lead strategic marketing, product concept development and branding, marketing communications and promotions, product life cycle, and market performance analysis.
Oversee the Advertising Department, including scheduling, quality control, and production of all print media, web media, and videography requested by Hobbico’s sales, product, and corporate divisions. Equal opportunity employer.
- Develop and implement overall strategic market plan for proprietary product lines by creating and coordinating marketing plans, promotions, and marketing communication strategies.
- Create industry leading communication platforms and strategies that showcase Hobbico’s brands to consumers through online marketing venues, press, public relations, and advertising.
- Generate a global marketing strategy to include growth in both domestic and targeted international markets.
- Drive the development and specification of product roadmaps, including gathering and analyzing product performance and tracking product marketing lifecycles and product campaigns.
- Oversee market research and seek competitive intelligence to meet changing market and competitive conditions in order to develop best in-class marketing programs.
- Collaborate with the product development team to develop, support, and manage the integration of marketing and promotions initiatives to drive new product launch strategies.
- Oversee design & production of all graphic arts projects including newsletters, product ads, web development, product packaging, feature videos, and more.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with consumer products in multi-channel marketing.
- 10+ years of experience directing a team of marketing and creative staff involved in all phases of marketing and advertising production.
- Proven track record of developing high impact marketing programs and promotional campaigns that drive sales.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively create and manage budgets, develop forecasts, and reconcile department needs against changing company priorities and performance.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
Associate Product Manager - Electronics Team
Assist the Product Manager in the development of house-branded electronic products which support and enhance the use and enjoyment of R/C aircraft. Help develop products that offer value and satisfaction to the customer. Equal opportunity employer.
As Associate Product Manager on the Electronics Team, you will...
- Help to develop new product ideas that would appeal to U.S. and European Markets.
- Assist with production planning and schedules, design creation, vendor selection, project coordination, and new product introductions.
- Assist with all facets of product development, ensuring necessary processes are accomplished from product conceptualization to market release.
- Handle day-to-day communications with vendors on assigned products.
- Assist in the initial product sourcing and purchasing function of electronics and related accessories.
- Help with the presentation of product at all Hobbico-related trade shows.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous knowledge and experience with R/C aircraft and accessories.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic principles and products, such as brushless motors, AC and DC powered devices, 2.4 GHz transmitters, and receiver technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel for trade shows and other industry events.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or Technology.
- Previous experience in project management.
Responsible for buying product lines, negotiating with and acting as primary liaison for assigned manufacturers. Manages inventory levels to maximize inventory fill rates, turn rates, cost of goods and return on investment. Sources qualified manufacturers who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity and delivery date. Previous retail or wholesale buying experience required along with strong communication, math and Excel skills. Hobbico is an equal opportunity employer.
Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired. Equal opportunity employer.
Systems Compliance Manager
Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must. Equal opportunity employer.
Assess company training needs and develop and conduct effective training programs to maintain and improve employee job skills. Hobbico is an equal opportunity employer.
- Writing curriculum for training programs including training manuals, course materials and presentations.
- Providing safety and regulatory training and other training for new hires.
- Perform computer software training and product training.
- Measure and record training effectiveness.
- Establish relationships and coordinate training with department clients.
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience writing and delivering training curriculums.
- Excellent presentation skills/influential speaker.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use new technologies to increase training efficiency and materials effectiveness.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience training adult learners in a corporate environment preferred.
- Bachelors' Degree in a related field, preferably Communications or Training.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Seeking a Brand Manager to join our dynamic marketing team. This position is responsible for crafting go-to-market strategies, positioning and activation plans for toy, hobby and consumer electronics brands sold in the consumer retail channel. Equal opportunity employer.
- Work with the VP of Marketing and other team members to create 3- year strategic go-to-market strategies for each brand.
- Manage the voice of the brand through the development of creative campaigns including: advertising, PR, social media, videos, merchandising and events.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to understand the target customer. Track metrics to evaluate effectiveness in reaching target audiences.
- Engage with product design teams in the development of the Product Development Request process to ensure key product features and selling perspectives are defined.
- Drive online brand sites and partner with in-store merchandising teams.
- Produce support materials to assist sales team efforts.
- Oversee budgets for marketing activities for each brand.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field.
- 3 - 4 years of consumer/retail marketing experience required.
- Proven experience creating fully integrated marketing strategies.
- Experience taking a product from pre-concept to launch.
- Product lifecycle management.
- Strong knowledge of consumer and business analytics, creative process briefing, budgeting and ROI quantification.
- Strategic thinker who can balance short-term operating needs with long- term strategic initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required including creative briefs and customer presentations.
Revell has a unique job opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the best scale model design and development team in the toy and hobby industry. We are seeking a talented and motivated design engineer to lead projects, develop conceptual product strategies and create 3D CAD designs for new products. This is a chance to work in a fun atmosphere, designing and developing exciting new products for the scale model and toy industry. Interesting and challenging design subjects range from exotic and classic cars, to military and commercial aircraft, sci-fi spaceships, and more. Equal opportunity employer.
As a Design Engineer:
- Create product concept design strategy.
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D part drawings and exploded view drawings.
- Act as the internal product expert for the development team.
- Manage projects to achieve critical milestone targets.
- Create materials selection and definition for new products.
- Validate product designs utilizing rapid prototyping techniques and tools.
- Create Bill of Material lists for manufacturing.
- Assure products comply to licensing and product safety testing requirements.
- Research subject matter to accurately design products.
- Communicate with overseas manufacturers during tool construction and product qualification.
- Consult with quality and technical staff during validation of tooling and first production.
Key Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing plastic injection molded products.
- Experience with injection molded plastic part design and complex assemblies.
- 3D CAD design proficiency (ProE Creo preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience with injection mold tooling and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Experience with toy or scale model hobby industry.
- Familiarity with scale models.
Seeking a Licensing Coordinator to assist in the administration of existing product licensing agreements with the growing needs of our business. Equal opportunity employer.
Description of Responsibilities:
Acts as the primary assistant to the Licensing Manager. Responsibilities include assisting with all activity relating to managing new and existing licensing agreements, including insuring that all product submissions, including decals, packaging and final products are in compliance with the individual agreements and that deadlines are met. Must also prepare monthly and quarterly licensing reports. The ideal candidate should possess superior organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts
- Experience with or basic understanding of IP and trademarks
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills and ability to use other software as needed
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or cooperatively with others
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role preferred, not required.
- Associates' Degree in Business preferred.
No positions available at this time.[TOP]
We have an immediate opening for a Security Officer to help maintain a safe and secure work environment. Main responsibilities include patrolling property premises, monitoring surveillance equipment, performing building inspection tours, and ensuring safety compliance. Previous law enforcement/security experience or related educational background is required. This is a part-time position, Monday-Friday. Equal opportunity employer.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful. Equal opportunity employer.
Mission Viejo, CA
Complete layout and design of a variety of advertising projects including packaging, point of purchase materials, magazine ads, catalogs and web pages using Adobe Creative Suite software. An Associate's degree in Graphic Design is required, as well as proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, HTML, and CSS. A minimum of two years experience in graphic design required. Full-time, days. Equal opportunity employer.
Event Activation Specialist
Coordinate publicity for products and services and organize company's representation at trade shows and events. Will create and manage events from set-up to tear-down. Also responsible for creating and maintaining product displays and building R/C vehicles. Two years R/C product and industry knowledge required. Previous experience in a public relations or communications field desirable. Must be able to travel for weekend events. Equal opportunity employer.