Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Irvine, CA
- Ashby, UK
Design and test radio-controlled vehicles and related products. A degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this position. Must have a good understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials as well as experience with machining equipment and other basic shop tools. Design experience using 2D/3D CAD software is required. Previous R/C car experience, including assembly and operation of hobby level R/C vehicles is desired. Full-time, days.
Repair R/C models and engines, test hobby products, and assist with related questions. Ability to work with hand tools and small parts required. R/C modeling, light mechanical, or experience in small engine repair desired. Full-time, days.
Support end users and IT department with problem resolution tasks, upgrade ideas, and future system enhancements. The ideal candidate will have experience with Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and/or Windows Server 2008. Knowledge of IP based networking desirable. Experience with Windows print systems, scripting, and exposure to Active Directory in user account management a plus.
Customer Service Representatives
Use your problem solving skills and your background in customer service to assist customers in our call center. Open new accounts, update existing accounts, and assist customers with tracking shipments and other inquiries. Previous customer service or phone sales experience preferred. Full-time and part-time positions available.
ONLINE ORDERING SPECIALIST
Promote the advantages of using our premier ordering and informational website to our wholesale customers. Assist with future improvements in functionality for the site. Act as technical troubleshooter as well as provide guidance on website usage. A minimum of three years' experience in sales and marketing and excellent technical knowledge of the internet and computer required. Past experience with computer hardware sales and/or experience with computer diagnostics desired. Full-time, days.
Phone Order Taker
Take inbound calls from our catalog customers. Earn $1 - $2 per hour in incentive pay. Work in a casual office atmosphere. Part-time hours, days, evenings, and weekends. Department is open 8AM-8PM Monday-Thursday, 8AM-7PM Friday, 9AM-4PM Saturday, and 10AM-4PM Sunday.
Proprietary Sales Specialist
Secure and improve proprietary business from targeted hobby dealer accounts. Analyze business and create plans for each account. Follow up with customers and maintain detailed records. 6-8 years' experience in wholesale sales environment required. Must have a good working knowledge of R/C products. Full-time, days.
Take inbound orders from our customers and field basic customer service questions. Make outbound calls to established customer accounts, present daily specials, and assist with special projects. Previous customer service or sales experience desired. Full-time, days.
Assist with stocking and movement of product. Previous forklift experience preferred, but not required. Part-time positions available on 2nd and 3rd shift.
Seeking a Receiving Supervisor for our warehouse which is a key position on our warehouse team. This hands-on position coordinates daily receiving activities and provides work direction to associates receiving merchandise.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure all receiving functions that affect inventory are processed accurately through an established verification process.
- Manage the product flow from receiving to the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors (RTVs), chargebacks, transfers, and damages based on established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/receiving environment.
- Organized and goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead a team, work well independently, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel.
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and related equipment.
- The ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience desired. Part-time, 2nd shift and weekend hours available.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Responsible for the supervision of the Accounting Department including daily operations, direction, and coordination of the department.
- Manage daily accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Initiate and process journal entries into the general ledgers and create and review monthly financial statements.
- Provide financial analysis and statistical reports for the Controller and company management.
- Review monthly statements with departmental representatives. Prepare correspondence and answer inquiries regarding account information.
- Daily supervision of accounting staff. Oversee employee development and training.
- B.S. in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles with at least 5 years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Supervisory experience in an accounting position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Assistant Product Manager - Helicopter Team
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years hands-on technical experience in the R/C helicopter and helicopter accessory field. A high level of R/C helicopter product knowledge and excellent working knowledge of helicopters and current helicopter hobby industry trends are required. Must have demonstrated ability to manage day-to-day operations of multiple projects and key components of consumer products development. Excellent verbal and written communications skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Ability to travel for trade shows and other industry events is required.
As Assistant Product Manager on the Helicopter Team, you will:
- Assist the Product Manager in all facets of the helicopter product category, including product development, project coordination, and new product introductions.
- Handle the day-to-day communications with vendors on assigned products.
- Help to develop new helicopter product ideas and assist with defining product specifications.
- Assist in the initial product sourcing and purchasing function of helicopters and related accessories. Interface with R&D and factories.
- Help with the presentation of product at all Hobbico-related trade shows.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years hands-on technical experience in the R/C helicopter and helicopter accessory field.
- High level of R/C helicopter product knowledge.
- Excellent working knowledge of helicopters and current helicopter hobby industry trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to travel for trade shows and other industry events.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business.
- Previous business negotiating experience.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
We are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Marketing to develop a global marketing strategy to include growth in both domestic and targeted international markets. If you have excellent leadership and project management skills combined with strong product branding and market performance analysis abilities and a successful track record of new product concept development, this could be the career opportunity of a lifetime.
- Develop and implement overall strategic market plans for proprietary product lines. Create marketing plans, promotions, and marketing communication strategies for each of the Product Development Groups.
- Create industry leading communication platforms that showcase Hobbico's brand leadership to consumers and other customers. Establish and maintain an innovative and consistent brand image for each product line throughout all marketing initiatives. Improve the quality of the brand marketing messages through websites, other online marketing venues, press, PR and advertising.
- Oversee the development and specification of product roadmaps. Gather and analyze product performance. Implement tracking of product marketing lifecycles and specific product campaigns. Manage the end-to-end process of product marketing for all products and develop an integrated communication plan for each product.
- Conduct market research to meet changing market conditions to develop best-in-class marketing programs. This also includes the use of marketing analytics including web analytics and ROI analysis.
- Work closely with the product development team to develop, support and manage the integration of marketing and promotions initiatives to drive new product launch strategies. Drive the creation of promotional product launch kits.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of multi-channel marketing and promotional campaigns and programs to optimize their performance. Work to optimize programs for accelerated revenue growth, and increased profitability.
- Coordinate and monitor marketing activities as they relate to product pricing, packaging and promotions across all distributions channels.
- Establish and manage trade and field promotions and marketing initiatives. Develop and oversee calendar of industry and field events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA a plus and/or 10-15 years of experience with consumer products in multi-channel marketing.
- Demonstrated experience as a marketing leader in a consumer products based environment.
- Proven track record of developing high impact marketing programs and promotional campaigns that drive sales.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate a team and communicate with senior management. Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with product development, sales and profit centers.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Previous experience with consumer-oriented e-commerce website technology and techniques.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets, develop forecasts and reconcile department needs against changing company priorities and performance.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Human Resources Specialist
Seeking an enthusiastic individual to coordinate employee relations programs and special events. Write and edit the company newsletter and other employee communications. Responsibilities also include interviewing job applicants and assisting with employee group insurance programs. Position requires 1-2 years experience in a similar role. Strong writing skills required. A Bachelors Degree in English, Writing or a related field desired.
Identify and monitor product sales trends. Assist the marketing and promotions teams with the development of plans designed to help optimize product inventory turn rates. Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required. Experience tracking and understanding product life cycles, product pricing and market performance analysis desired. A background in purchasing is a plus. If you enjoy researching, creating, and implementing strategies, this could be the job for you. Full-time, days.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Revell, America's leading manufacturer of plastic hobby kits, is looking for an experienced 3D CAD Designer to create component parts for our model kits. This position requires a strong background in creative design and the necessary artistic skills to develop 3D CAD files in reduced scale working from photos and measurements from actual car parts. A personal interest in performance cars (muscle cars, customs cars, and hot rods), planes or military vehicles and building plastic models of the same is highly desirable. This is a unique opportunity to work with the best model development team in the business.
- Create 2D & 3D CAD parts designs to be used for the creation of pattern models or cutting part designs for the creation scale model hobby kits.
- Translate and interpret research material, outside engineering drawings and other data into detailed, dimensional tolerance parts designs.
- Organize design packages for outside vendors including drawings, photos, specifications and related information for pattern models and mold construction.
- Review test shots of parts and revise designs as necessary throughout the product development process.
- Organize and maintain engineering drawings and CAD files to assure proper recordkeeping of designs.
Key Requirements for the position:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in professional engineering parts design.
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D design software applications such as KeyCreator, Autocad, Solidworks and Pro/E.
- Knowledge of plastics and die cast, mold construction and other manufacturing processes.
- Experience with high-tolerance parts and multiple parts assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience in using digital cameras and photographic software.
- Strong conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and Internet research skills.
- In-depth experience in all facets of engineering design for dimensional tolerance and multiple parts assembly.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Technical degree in Engineering Design or Drafting Technology.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience in the toy industry and toy design
- Ability to accurately replicate real-life subject matter into scale models.
- Familiarity with hobby models.
- Interest in Performance, Muscle, Classic and Hot Rod full size automobiles.
- Interest in historical and military vehicles
Seeking a Licensing Coordinator to assist in the administration of existing product licensing agreements with the growing needs of our business.
As Licensing Coordinator:
- Assist Licensing Manager with administering existing and new product licensing agreements.
- Ensure decals, packaging and final product are in compliance with licensor contracts.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly licensing reports.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property and trademarks.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Associates' Degree in Business preferred.
Estes, a division of Hobbico, Inc. and a leading model rocket kit manufacturer located in Penrose, CO is seeking an experienced marketing professional.
As Marketing Coordinator:
- Research, create and execute marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate special events and sponsorships.
- Write and send press releases regarding product releases and company news.
- Perform market research and analyze the information obtained.
- Manage execution of marketing budgets.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of consumer product experience in marketing or sales.
- Knowledge and experience working with mass market retailers.
- Experience with online marketing and understanding of social media and smart phone technology.
- Understanding of various marketing mediums and calculating marketing effectiveness and ROI.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business preferred; work experience highly valued.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Axial R/C, Inc., a subsidiary of Hobbico, Inc., a Southern California based high performance radio controlled hobby product manufacturer is seeking an R&D Manager who will report to the Vice President of R&D.
Manage and direct research and development programs to meet company goals, deadlines and budgets. Track market to propose potential new products. Develop and implement research and development procedures and techniques. Stay current with a variety of product development concepts, practices, and procedures. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the R&D department, overseeing all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects. Build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects, prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects, supervise R&D Product Technician, R&D Projects/Network Administrator.
Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in project management and or product development management required. Must be familiar with a variety of project management and product development concepts, practices and procedures. Must be knowledgeable in R/C surface products and/or real vehicle knowledge. Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to lead and direct the work of others. Be a proven team player and leader with problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to multi task in a constantly changing environment.